Changkat Changi Secondary School started in 1966 as an integrated school at Jalan Tiga Ratus, housing pupils from three different streams – English, Chinese and Malay. In the 1970s, the school made a name for itself in Track & Field holding the title of Overall Divisional Champions for Girls from 1970 to 1980. The Malay stream and Chinese stream were phased out in 1983 and 1986 respectively.
35 years later, on 28 December 2001, 870 students moved into its brand new 3.3 hectares campus at 23 Simei Street 3 with fully equipped facilities. The school is also equipped with handicap-friendly facilities.
Since its move to the new location at Simei Street 3, Changkat Changi Secondary School has become more popular as a choice institute. Each year, about 1800 PSLE leavers choose Changkat Changi Secondary School as one of their six choices in their Secondary School application.
Changkat Changi Secondary School is located in the East Coast GRC(Changi-Simei) and also falls under the South East Community Development Council District (CDC). The council has actively engaged the school in joint community projects and other enrichment activities.